Thursday 10 October 2013

A to Z Bookish Survey

Saw this sometime back @ Perpetualpageturner blog. Created the post, wonder why I didn't post it! Here it is anyway.

Author you’ve read the most books from:
Agatha Christie ( I have read all her mystery books) Goodreads tells me I have read 76 books including various short story collections. Next would be Sue Grafton 23 books. 
Best Sequel Ever:
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Currently Reading:
Police by Jo Nesbo
Drink of Choice While Reading:
Coffee
E-reader or Physical Book?
Both. Whatever is available and best at that moment. 
Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:
No one really.
Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:
The Lord of the Rings. I read the book after I saw the first movie. Usually I don't read a book after seeing a movie. I read a book for its story. So if I already know the story, it makes no sense for me to read the book. But my friend suggested that I would definitely enjoy the book more than the movie. I am glad I gave it a chance otherwise I would have missed the experience to go on an epic adventure. 
Hidden Gem Book:
Sick Heart River by John Buchan (ask my sister, she will tell you it is one of the very few books that brought the feelings alive) it is an adventure novel just in case you haven't read anything by John Buchan. 
Important Moment in your Reading Life:
Discovering Online Reading Forums, Discussions and book blogs. Got some great recommendations.
Just Finished:
W is for Wasted by Sue Grafton
Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:
Easier to answer the kind of books I read which is Crime Fiction. All the others very rare. 
Longest Book You’ve Read:
The Suitable Boy by Vikram Seth
Major book hangover because of:
Crime and Punishment 
Number of Bookcases You Own:
I have loads and loads of book cases back home in India. Here I have just one. 
One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:
Treasure Island (read during every summer holidays in school)
Preferred Place To Read:
In Bed before sleep.
Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:
Not a quote but a poem
Was it a vision, or a waking dream? 
Fled is that music:—do I wake or sleep?

I almost always read before sleep. Sometimes I don't know if I am awake or asleep, I am reading or dreaming or doing both. These beautiful lines explain not only my reading but also how I go through life.
Reading Regret:
Non, rien de rien,
non, je ne regrette rien!
Series You Started And Need To Finish(all books are out in series):
Martin Beck Series. Read 4 books out of 10 available.
Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:
The Mill on the Floss, The Brothers Karamazov, Great Expectations
Unapologetic Fangirl For:
Ruth Rendell 
Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:
Looking forward to A Tap on the Window by Linwood Barclay
Worst Bookish Habit:
Having the compulsion to finish a book, even if I am not enjoying it. 
X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:
Stephen Booth's The Devil's Edge
Your latest book purchase:
Vintage Murder by Ngaio Marsh
ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):
Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins started at 11 in the night finished by 6 in the morning. 


1 comment:

neer said...

This is so interesting, I am tempted to do it myself. Some of my answers would be the same: Agatha Christie, A Suitable Boy.