Sunday 14 October 2012

V is for Domingo Villar

This is my post for Crime Fiction Alphabet V

I read Domingo Villar's Water-Blue Eyes based in Vigo in the Galician coast of Spain and enjoyed it. I loved the humour.

Luis Reigosa, jazz Saxophonist is found murdered in his bed with hands tied and mouth gagged. The method for murder is very cruel and novel. Inspector Leo Caldas and his assistant Rafael Estevez investigate the murder. Inspector Caldas regularly participates on Patrol on Air in Radio and is quite a celebrity. Who murdered Luis and why? And whoever murdered Luis, why did they use this horrible method for murder?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Domingo Villar's Leo Caldas very much. I really am glad you highlighted this novel and series; it's very well-written. So is the next one in the series Death on a Galician Shore.

Bev Hankins said...

I've not read any of Villar's books. You've definitely got me curious what that method of murder is....

TracyK said...

Another author to add to my list. I don't think I have read a series set in Spain.