Saturday 14 April 2012

M is for Metamorphosis

You read books, books and books. But once in a while you chance upon a book that completely blows you away. The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka is one such book. You can read my review here. My book reading has been entirely random. Once upon a time, I would go pick up a random book from my school library and read it. If I enjoyed it I sometimes remembered the author and picked up some other book by the author. I had chanced upon some really great books this way. Now I just go to the Crime section and pick a book.

I downloaded this book from Planet Pdf and read it. I had vaguely heard about Kafka and had no idea what this book was about. And not knowing anything about it, it completely surprised me.The Stranger by Albert Camus is another great find for me.

Have you read this book? Or did any other book completely blow you away?

1 comment:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I haven't read anything by this author. I like to read from the crime and mystery sections also though I write fantasy.