Monday 2 April 2012

A is for .......Agatha Christie

A is for Agatha Christie, unrivalled Queen of Crime Fiction. I love all her books. What I like best about Agatha Christie books is that she mostly plays fair, there are clues all along and you can play the detective, yet be surprised at the ending.

Christie's Mousetrap is the longest running play in the world! It is still running in St.Martin's theatre in London. I had the opportunity to see it and absolutely loved it. I also saw Spider's Web in Theatre Royal in Newcastle.

These are my favourite books!

Mysterious Affair at Styles (her very first book featuring Hercule Poirot)
The Murder of Roger Ackyord
And there were None
Endless Night
ABC Murders

The list would go on ......

Did you read any of these books or any other books by Agatha Christie? Did you find out 'whodunit'?

3 comments:

Rekha said...

Its ages since I read Agatha's books but I have 'And then there was none', still one of my favourites of her works.

srivalli said...

Thanks for stopping by! Did you watch the Hindi movie version Gumnam of And there were None? That was good too!

Anonymous said...

Agatha Christie is one of my all time favorite writers. I have many of them in my collection. I love watching all on tv. too!