Tuesday 3 April 2012

C is for Coben

C is for Harlan Coben, the Edgar award winning thriller writer. He writes Myron Bolitar series featuring a sports agent detective who investigates murders. When I first read a book from this series, I wondered if all the books would feature crimes in the sports field. Bolitar has diversified, now he is not just a sports agent but also a PR agent for Musicians, actors, writers etc. I love the wisecracks and twists and twists and twists in his books. Coben also writes standalone which are better than his Bolitar books. His latest standalone Stay Close is out in shops. Can't tell you how it is, as I haven't read and I am not reading any reviews good or bad before reading the book.

Before reading Coben, I was looking out only for authors who write like Agatha Christie. Now I also look for authors who write like Coben. If you are also on the lookout Linwood Barclay comes close.

Have you read any of Coben books? If you haven't, and want to try Tell no One is a great thriller.

2 comments:

Jessica L. Celaya said...

I haven't read his books but they sound good. Thanks for the recommendation.

Unknown said...

I am really enjoying your A to Z posts - what a great theme! Thanks for giving some great reading suggestions.
Dawn