Wednesday 25 January 2012

WWW Wednesday

WWW Wednesday is a weekly Meme hosted by Mizb @ Should be Reading.

What are you currently reading?

I am reading The Monster in the Box by Ruth Rendell. In this book Inspector Wexford reminicises about one of his early cases as a young detective. A woman was murdered in her home and the killer is still at large. Wexford knows who the killer is but has no evidence. Will he be successful in putting the killer behind bars?


What did you recently finish reading?
I finished Double Idemnity by Cain. I saw the movie but had no clue it was based upon a book. Insurance agent Walter Huff knows what he is getting into when Mrs.Phyllis Nirdlinger asks him about Accident insurance. But he is so enamoured by Phyllis that he plans and executes the perfect crime for her. Will the police or insurance office find his role in the case? Great Book!

I also finished reading The Big Bow Mystery by Israel Zangwill published in 1892. It is considered to be the first locked room mystery. Arthur Constant is found dead in his room. Who killed him and how? All the doors and windows are locked so how did any one gain entry and kill him. I liked Zangwill's humour and his characters especially Peter Crowl, 'the plain Man' without any fads.

I also finished The Notting Hill Mystery by Charles Felix serialised in 1862 and published as a book in 1865. It is considered to be the first mystery novel though there is some discussions going on about it. An insurance investigator is investigating a case where a woman probably has been murdered. The book is composed of letters, testimonies, diary entries.

I also finished Fate by Amanda Hocking. It is the second book in the series My Blood Approves. I haven't read the first one and I will not read it. Alice is in love with two vampires. She pines for Peter who seems not to care for her and Jack loves her blindly even considers her worth dying for her. Only reason she has not 'turned' is her younger brother Milo. Now to make matters worse because of an accident Milo has to turn into a Vampire. What will happen to Alice? Now I know why I don't read romances, paranormal or otherwise. This is not for me.


What do you think you'll read next?

Summer Lightning by P G Wodehouse
DeKok and Murder on blood Mountain by Baantjer.
Daughter of Time by Josephine Tey

1 comment:

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

Hi there! I hope you're still enjoying the read-a-thon. I have some good news for you. You are one of the daily winners for day four! For details on how to claim your prize, visit this post on my blog: http://thetruebookaddict.blogspot.com/2012/01/winters-respite-day-four-winners-and.html

Congrats!